Sunday, September 4, 2011

Disney Moments to Remember





This past week I spent 3 days in California with my sweet daughter, Tiffany and my darling grandkids-Jayden and Kaylie. This was a trip Tiffany had planned months ago as a graduation present ot herself. She just graduated from hair school at MATC. I was so excited to spend this time with her and the kids. Dave couldn't go and so she would be there most of the time, alone.


I flew down on Monday. She had already been there for a few days. When I arrived the kids were so excited to see me and told me all about all the rides they had been on the few days before. The next morning we awoke early and headed to the park. The first character we saw when we entered was Pluto. The kids got out their little autograph books and waited patiently for a signature. It was so cute to just watch them.



Next we were off to the rides. Jayden wanted us to go on Thunder Mt. Railroad first. It's been one of my favorites, however, I have to be careful with my back. ( 7 years ago we went to Disneyland and I came home in alot of back pain... a few months later I was having back surgery for a herniated disc...I blame Tower of Terror-haha) We were having a blast. The kids had even waited till I got there to go on Pirates of the Caribbean because I told them it was one of my favorites. Splash Mountain was on the top of Jaydens list so we headed there. Jayden was in the front of the ride and I was right behind him. All the was through he kept saying "hold on to me grandma, hold on." As we were going up the hill before that last big downhill splash ( you know the one I'm talking about, the one where they take your picture) I put one arm around his chest and I could feel his little heart just pounding. I don't know if it was fear or excitement. He had already been on the ride once so I would say it was more on the excitement side. Down we went ..we both got drenched with water, and at the bottom he said. " wasn't that so fun grandma" as he laughed. Here's what we looked like after the ride:






We had the best time. The weather was perfect. The lines were short. I loved being able to have those precious moments to watch my grandchildren laugh, smile, and enjoy something so magical. They say Disney is the "happiest place on earth". I believe that it is when you just need some moments away from the "real" world. Our trip ended on Wed. Night as we watched the "World of Color" show at California Adventure. Tears came to my eyes as I saw this spectacular sight of water, color, pictures on the water, and music. I am so grateful that I was able to have these Disney Moments. I came home with a renewed peace and happiness about me...that no matter what life throws at me, I can dream, I can wish, and I can hope for all things to be better...for dreams can come true. I will always remember these magic moments. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment